Intensive English Course
The goal of our Intensive English Course is to develop your ability to communicate and express ideas clearly and accurately. We will help you speak with confidence and develop a more productive work relationship with colleagues and customers.
Our Blue Ash, Ohio location, in the Heart of America, guarantees that you will be completely immersed in accent-free, pure English, with many opportunities outside of class to hear and speak English, as well as observe American customs and culture.
Our Intensive English Course combines concentrated one-on-one instruction with a curriculum designed to meet your specific needs. You will study up to 8 hours a day, 5 days a week, for one or more weeks. A typical daily schedule would look something like this:
TYPICAL DAILY SCHEDULE
9:00 - 1:00
|1:00 - 2:00
LUNCH W/ TEACHER B
2:00 - 5:00
|»||Practice of everyday practical conversation|
|»||Introduction and practice of idiomatic expressions|
|»||Application of practical grammar for everyday situations|
|»||Review of key areas||
|»||Practice ordering from menu, talking to service people, learning about menu/food|
|»||Counting money (paying bill, getting receipt)|
|»||Discussing customs and social/dining etiquette|
|»||Conversing casually with teacher||
|»||Review of morning work|
|»||Listening practice using audio/visual materials|
|»||Introduction and usage of vocabulary specific to student's job and interests|
|»||Preparation and giving of presentations|
|»||*Field trips for specific interests and practice of relevant vocabulary|
|5-10 minute coffee breaks as needed in both morning and afternoon sessions
|HOMEWORK - Written exercises, practice w/audio material, looking over class notes
*Based on your individual needs, field trips to local shops and businesses will be arranged to give you an opportunity to use newly acquired language skills.
A team of highly-qualified teachers will work with you to give you an opportunity to hear different pronunciation and speaking styles. The use of a variety of techniques ensures that you will have fun along the way.
ILP's Intensive English Course provides:
- Initial evaluation by our Program Manager
- Periodic progress reports
- TOEIC tests
- Emphasis on speaking, listening and building idiomatic vocabulary
- Customized vocabulary (accounting, engineering, marketing, etc.)
- Books, videos & audio materials to fit your specific needs
- Activities to help you learn about American customs, lifestyles, and ways of thinking
- Development of speaking skills for presentations, conferences, negotiations, phone calls, as well as business and social etiquette
- Homestay opportunities where you live as a member of a typical American family
- Airport pickup and hotel reservations: A member of the ILP staff or your homestay family will meet you at the airport, take you to your new "home," and help you get comfortably settled.
ILP is authorized by a division of the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) to provide form I-20 for use in obtaining F-1 student visas for the United States.